Dental Veneers in Naples
Broaden Your Smile
Veneers are a long-lasting and natural-looking cosmetic dentistry treatment
to improve the appearance of your teeth. A veneer is a thin, shell-like
covering that fits over the front of your tooth to change its size, shape,
or color. The experienced dentists serving Naples at
Bayview Dental Arts can help you determine whether porcelain veneers are the best solution
for your smile.
Crowns vs. Veneers
crowns and veneers are effective dental treatments for a discolored or chipped
tooth. However, these two treatment options offer different solutions
and are typically used to address different dental concerns. Your dentist
will explain your treatment options based on your preferences and needs
to determine whether a crown or veneers are best for you.
- While dental crowns cover the entirety of a damaged or discolored tooth,
porcelain veneers cover only the front of a tooth.
- Because they cover less of a tooth’s surface, veneers require less
of your natural enamel to be removed before they are applied, preserving
more of your tooth’s natural structure.
- Dental veneers are only suitable for changing the appearance of the teeth
in the front of your mouth. If you have a damaged or chipped tooth at
the back of your mouth, a crown is the best restorative solution.
- Veneers are typically the treatment of choice to treat minor damage and
cosmetic defects, such as discoloration, sizing, and spacing of your teeth.
Crowns are often reserved for more severe or extensive tooth damage because
they are a more invasive treatment.
The Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
Dental veneers can instantly transform the look of one tooth or your entire
smile, restoring your confidence and eliminating the effects of damage
or disease. You can talk to your dentist about teeth veneers and other
cosmetic dentistry options when you
call Bayview Dental Arts at (239) 434-5545 to make an appointment.
- Veneers are designed specifically with your cosmetic preferences in mind.
Whether you want to improve the color, spacing, shape, or size of your
teeth, your veneers can be tailored to achieve the look you desire.
- Porcelain veneers are both stain-resistant and durable, offering a long-lasting
way to change the look of your smile. Although your veneers may need replacement
due to natural wear and tear, they will last for years and can be easily
replaced when necessary.
- Although teeth whitening is an effective procedure, some types of stains
cannot be corrected via whitening. Teeth that resist whitening treatments
can always be improved with veneers.
- Porcelain veneers can correct the apparent spacing and orientation of your
teeth, offering a faster and more economical alternative to braces if
you have only minor cosmetic tooth misalignment.